For Halloween, our readers told us about some of their favourite spooky, scary books. And we got some bonus scary stories too!
- Kathryn likes Nick Sharratt’s What’s in the Witch’s Kitchen?
- Sonia’s favourite was the classic The Witches by Roald Dahl.
- Kate tells us that Sammy’s favourite is Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak.
- Claudine is a fan of the award-winningly scary The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean.
- Vanessa recommends A Dark, Dark Tale by Ruth Brown — a classic with a slow, steady build-up till the last page.
- Kathleen has listened to the audio book of Badjelly the Witch more times than she can count. Her young daughter loves it, but it’s too scary for her older son.
- And Rachel used to hide her family’s copy of Dracula because she couldn’t bear to be in the same room as it!
This month’s winner: Fiona Groube
Fiona’s favourite scary book is Go Away, Big Green Monster! by Ed Emberley.
A copy of The House of Madame M is scuttling its way to you!